Damaged circuits, out-of-date wiring, and other standard electrical problems can be readily apparent to property owners in some cases. However, they can be subtle, difficult to detect, and potentially deadly in other instances. Electrical fires, property damage, and personal injury are just a few of the consequences of a faulty electrical system that has been neglected or installed improperly.
An electrical inspection of your property performed by JG Beacham Electrical will assist you in ensuring the safety and well-being of your investment. Our electrical inspection services will alert you to common electrical risks resulting from general neglect, old age, or improper installation and will provide you with a solution.
Hiring one of JG Beacham’s electricians to make the necessary repairs will make you at ease, knowing that your electrical system complies with all applicable codes and regulations. Our electrical inspections also include strategies for conserving energy and lowering long-term electrical costs. We at JG Beacham Electrical will make sure that you have safe and dependable electricity.
Are You Looking For an Electrical Inspections Service? Call JG Beacham Electrical at 912-598-6230!
A Comprehensive Overview of Electrical Inspection
For various electrical installations, many homeowners disregard the preventive measures that have been detailed in different government policies for different types of electrical installations. At times, you will be puzzled about why the inspector failed your electrical inspection, and you will wonder what went wrong. When there is a failed inspection, inspectors can cite numerous reasons that are very common and usually ignored by homeowners.
Understanding the various electrical loopholes that contractors leave behind is extremely important and necessary to comprehend the various electrical loopholes that contractors leave behind entirely.
Three Forms Of Electrical Inspection
There are various electrical inspections, but the majority fall into three broad categories.
1. The first is a rough-in electrical inspection, which will look over wires, conduits, electrical panels, and boxes. An inspector will check that all wires are in good working order and that all fire hazards near conduits and electrical panels are removed. This is most common during the wiring and installation process when all of these elements must be completed before a wall can be closed or insulation installed.
2. Service inspection comes next. A licensed inspector will inspect the electrical service panel to ensure that it has been properly installed and fastened during this inspection. The inspector will also check that the electrical service panel is properly grounded. If your panel is not grounded correctly, you risk electric shock buildup.
3. The final inspection is the third and final inspection. Breakers will be installed or inspected during installation to ensure a fully functional electrical system. In addition, an inspector may perform a series of trials on the electrical system to ensure its safety and effectiveness.
The Advantages Of Electrical Inspections
Various factors contribute to the necessity of having electrical inspections performed. Some of the most frequently encountered are as follows:
Protection Against Possible Storm Surges
This is a common occurrence in various regions, mainly when there is a storm. Electrical surges have the potential to damage your appliances, but they can also cause short circuits throughout your home. Once the inspection has concluded, the inspector will look for various points in the wiring that may be a source of this type of mishap during the process.
On numerous occasions, it has been observed that an electrical short circuit has been the cause of a fire starting in a home setting. These short circuits are caused by various loose wires in the meter or in the cabling itself, depending on the situation. During electrical inspections, the inspector will be able to identify these flaws quickly and will request that you correct them.
Prevent Electric Shocks
Imagine touching an electronic appliance and immediately feeling a surge of electric current rush through your body. That’s what shocks are. Even though the consequences may not be catastrophic, the situation could easily lead to other mishaps. Aside from that, the body current in an electronic appliance can significantly impair its performance or even render it completely inoperative. An electrical inspector can detect these faults in the wiring and have them repaired promptly.
How To Avoid Common Electrical Inspection Issues
You might be puzzled and scratching your head, asking why you failed an electrical inspection. While the reasons for inspections vary, it is always better to be prepared to avoid failure. Read below for some of the essential points:
Investigate all of the possible norms and procedures you may need to follow when installing various wires and cables. Aside from that, thorough research will ensure that you are not left in the dark while the inspector conducts the inspection.
Having Appropriate Equipment
The electrical wires and cables in your property should be of high-quality construction. In addition, they should be created following the standards and requirements of state legislation.
Hiring The Proper Electrician
You must hire the most qualified electrician to work on your property. A novice or amateur may cause damage to the electrical connections, which could result in a variety of disasters and your failure to pass the examination.
Look Into The Costing
It’s a good move to look into the costs of having an inspection done. While some establishments will not charge you, others may, especially if it is a repeat visit. You’d also need to know what paperwork you’d need before and during the inspection. But, again, getting the paperwork done ahead of time will help you save time.
Electrical inspections are required in every home to ensure the safety and security of the residents. It is necessary, but it does not have to cause increased blood pressure. One of the most effective ways to deal with an electrical inspection is to know what to expect ahead of time. If you have the loopholes fixed per the state’s requirements, you will not fail the inspection.
When Is an Electrical Safety Inspection Required?
Property Owners should schedule electrical inspections at specific times. For example, the Electrical Safety Foundation recommends that owners schedule an electrical inspection at the following times:
- When buying a house or commercial property
- When the property is at least 40 years old
- When incorporating a new appliance
- When a house or building has undergone extensive renovations
The Advantages of an Electrical Safety Inspection
An electrical home inspection is critical for the safety of your home and everyone who lives in it. Having a professional inspect your electrical system will provide you with peace of mind by:
- Ensuring that the electrical components in your home or building are operating safely.
- Recognizing common electrical errors made by contractors and previous do-it-yourself homeowners
- Identifying obsolete wiring like aluminum or knob-and-tube
- Recognizing electrical wiring and components that may have deteriorated over time
- Detecting blown fuses or circuit breakers that could cause a fire enabling the correction of fire and safety hazards
- Assisting you in saving energy and cutting costs
- Meeting the requirements for insurance risk assessment inspections.
- Assuring you that the electrical in a new property is safe before you buy it
Inclusions Of JG Beacham Electrical Inspections
When it comes to electrical inspections, JG Beacham Electrical offers:
- Determining the correct wattage of a light bulb
- The operation and condition of switches and wall outlets
- Hazards of electric shock or electrocution
- Verification of the proper operation of arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) A review of all safety and security measures lighting
- Grounding system confirmation
- Validation of suitable surge protection
- Checking the proper placement of smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Examine the electrical panel for proper labels, amps, and operation.
- An investigation into outside electrical systems
- Prepare a comprehensive, prioritized report on all areas of concern regarding your home or building’s electrical system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Electrical Inspections?
Electrical inspections refer to thoroughly inspecting the electrical connections and wiring in your home. An electrical property inspection helps to ensure the safety and well-being of your property and those you care for. In addition, electrical inspections will alert you to common electrical risks resulting from general neglect, aging, or improper installation and will provide a solution.
What Is An Electrical Inspector?
An electrical inspector is a government or municipality-authorized individual responsible for inspecting electrical connections to ensure that they comply with applicable laws and regulations in the area.
What Happens If I Don’t Have My Property Inspected?
If your property is not properly inspected, you will have very few options for selling, financing, or insuring the property. This is because no one wants to risk dealing with a facility that could pose a risk to anyone who enters it.
You also significantly increase the risk of fires and electrocution if you do not have your home properly inspected and do not make the necessary changes that the inspector recommends.
Reliable Electrical Inspections
Hiring one of JG Beacham’s electricians to perform the necessary checks will put your mind at ease. You will know that your electrical system complies with all applicable codes and regulations. Our electrical inspections also include energy-saving tips and strategies for lowering long-term electrical costs. JG Beacham Electrical will ensure that you have safe and dependable power.
Are You Looking For an Electrical Inspections Service?
Call JG Beacham Electrical at 912-598-6230!
JG Beacham Electrical
414 E. 35th St. Savannah, GA 31401
- Back-Up Generator
- Electrical Services For Your Home
- Electrical Contractors For Your Business
- Electrical Inspections
- Installation and Repair of Lighting
- Repairs, Upgrades, And Installation Of Breaker Panels
- Upgrades And Installation Of Outdoor Lighting
- Upgrades And Repairs To Electrical Wiring
- Wiring For Pools And Hot Tubs
- Vehicle Charging Stations
- Dock and Marine Electrical